[horde] imap on redhat 7.3

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Sep 4 15:00:36 PDT 2002

> are there any particular problem with redhat 7.3 imap server?
> i don't seem to be able to get it working with horde's login page. for
> some reason it's not authenticating.

I use courier-imap in rh 7.3 (trust me, it's MUCH better than the UW imap
one, and it's very easy to build packages from courier's tarball)..
experienced similar issues with horde login until I switched it to secure
login.  Works fine with imap-ssl, which is really weird since non-secure
connections work fine for me with all other clients.

not sure it helps, but you're not completely alone.   You really should
get a different imap server, though (ok, so I really just like courier)

-Chris