[horde] passwd-/etc/passwd

Robert Fleming rob at flemish.org
Mon Sep 9 12:40:38 PDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:30:10PM +0200, palmkes at dacom.be wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm a horde/imp user. I choosed to use vpopmail for user and server admin,
> because the users of the mail service aren't listed in /etc/passwd.
>
> I read about the passwd, vacation etc progs. I installed them, but, as far as I
> can see, these are based on /etc/passwd (because of ftp). Do you peaple now if
> it is possible to set up passwd/vacation for non-unix users?

If you're using vpopmail with qmail, you can try out qmailadmin.  It
allows users to login and change their password as well as set
vacation/forwarding rules.

Unfortunatly, it doesn't 'tie' into horde,so it may require additional instructions for the end-users.
I put a link to it in the motd.php file so my users can just click the link from the horde login page.

--
A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is
a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven.