[horde] Caching Passwords??

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Sep 11 01:34:09 PDT 2002

Zitat von Jed L Obray <jed at tribalation.com>:

> I use the Horde framework version 2.1 with Imp for webmail.  My web and
> database server reside on one host and my Cyrus IMAP server on the
> another.  I
> recently changed a user's password and it doesn't refelct the change when
> using
> Horde.  When they use a local client, like KMail, the old password does
> not
> work and the new one does.  When they are remote, however, they cannot
> log into
> the system with the new password.  Can someone point me in the right
> direction
> here?  I've already poked around a bit and looked through the horde_user
> table
> to see if the passwords are somehow cached?

This is rather a problem with Cyrus than with IMP. I encountered the same
here. Cyrus used different authentication methods depending if I connect to
localhost or the FQDN (from the same machine). I wasn't able to find out why
so I keep using the FQDN so that the password is the same no matter if I
connect locally or remotely.

Jan.