[horde] Feature Request - Current date on summary screen

Rick Emery rick at emery.2y.net
Wed Sep 11 16:03:05 PDT 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:23:30 +0200
Tim Gorter <email at teletechnics.com> wrote:

> the top menu is defined in
>
> template/login/user.inc
>
> I simply inserted my extra lines after the logout button, ie. the right
> side of the menu.
>
> I created a little clock and date script, which you can find at
> www.teletechnics.com/horde/clock
> it does include some java code which you can get from
> www.arachnoid.com/lutusp/javacounter
> if you want the clock
>
> if you only want to insert the date
> you can also simply use php
> printf(date("D, M dS Y"));
> note this gives your server date, you can check www.php.net for the exact
> implementation details.
>
> hope this helps,
> tim.

Thanks, Tim! This was exactly what I wanted!

I just replaced the call to sprintf on line 6 in user.inc:

sprintf(_("Welcome, %s"), $fullname)

with this:

sprintf(_("Welcome, %s - %s"), $fullname, date("D, M dS Y"))

and got *EXACTLY* what I wanted on the summary screen.

Thanks!
Rick

P.S. I don't know how much this would be requested, but I considered submitting
this to the developers for possible inclusion in CVS. Alas, I don't know how to
generate a patch file. Also, a programmer would probably need to turn this into
an option somehow so it could be turned off; as you indicated, it will give the
date on the server, and that may not always be desired.