[horde] Can't login to imp

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Mon Sep 16 14:27:58 PDT 2002

Hi Matt,

replying to horde at lists.horde.org might cause someone else helping you...

Well, actually I got it running on Win2K/IIS5, so probably I won't figure
out any problem with SuSE/Linux (sorry to all, I am working on that). But
perhaps here are some hints:

-  with the imp test, try to connect to that imap. If this works fine, you
schould at least be able to log in to imp directly. Maybe you will recognize
some errors later, e.g. when trying to send a mail - but at least you should
be able to log in.

-  for loggin in to imp directly, don't forget to make the appropriate
settings in the /horde/config/registry.php. Furthermore, for playing around, you
might enable the serverlist and even allow to type in a server manually; do
this in the /imp/config/conf.php

-  at least now you should be able to establish a connection

-  with horde and mysql: check to have inserted a user to your horde
database and his password being md5'ed; check to have a valid connection from horde
to mysql (maybe with the sql-admin at console; better: phpmyadmin). A user
'horde' (you might have changed this name) must have access to the horde
database, and the appropriate password needs to be inserted to the
/horde/config/horde.php (where the ***** are in $conf['auth']['params']['password'] =
'*****';)

-  when you decide to enable login to horde first, validate the [auth]
section within the /horde/config/horde.php. Set the correct server type and write
some lines as like those given at the [prefs] section ($conf['prefs'].....) -
of course replacing the 'prefs' with 'auth' and the appropriate data

-  finally, like in most cases, it might be a good idea to have an as high
as possible logging level - check the /horde/config/horde.php for these
settings.

-  last, I had a strange problem: my PEAR version was not correct so that
the Logging was not working. Although the /horde/test.php doesn't tell that
this is a __serious__ problem, it seems to be one in fact. It says I should
obtain a recent version of PEAR when I was running 4.1.2 - I downloaded version
4.1.0 from ftp.horde.org (... a downgrade in fact), and it worked.... Maybe
this is only a Win problem, but it's a strange one either.

Let me know if this helped you. As far as you guess it's a more Linuxlike
problem, look back in the archives, I think a have read a similar thread there.

Sebastian

http://www.gmx.net