[horde] authentication trouble

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Thu Sep 26 11:51:02 PDT 2002

Kurt,

I think you're really diggin' deep. But to answer your questions (and
perhaps enabling someone else to do so), it would be a help to learn some
details
(at least in a brief):

-  which server do you use
-  version of PHP
-  version of horde
-  which horde application
-  how do you want the user authenticate
-  do you use a database? which?
-  is it a new install of horde or did the faults occur to a already running
version, after you applied some changes?

Here are some starting points. As I installed horde just a couple of days
ago, I am new to horde, too, but I think I am quite familiar to some
starting
problems.

First, make sure that PHP and PEAR are both installed correctly. Concerning
PEAR, the test.php says you need a recent version - in fact, do not use the
latest, try the one from horde instead. Next: you need gettext. That's why,
if
you want to run hode on your server, _really_ check your PHP - the
/horde/test.php is a quite good help (e.g. with your server:
www.media-art.be/horde/test.php). It may sound curious, but some PHP
installation errors may make
horde behave very strange (especially that login problem you're talking
about).

Then: in a standard installation, you will just have to make some settings
in the configs (almost only in horde.php and registry.php), so don't waste
your time with searching in the other files.

How do you make the authentication?    Via a database? I think so for you
wrote about horde_users and horde_prefs table. Which database? I could give
you
some hints for mysql, but let me know if you use this, first.

I will stick to the PC for a while.....

Regards,

Sebastian