[horde] Fwd: Problem with Pear Log function. and mailing to the list.

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Sat Sep 28 15:38:46 PDT 2002

Nick,

> Again, I will attempt to post this to the list as well
>
> I noticed that the PEAR you get from http://pear.php.net/get/pear-09.tgz
> is
> loaded to a base directory of /usr/bin/pear while the copy that comes from
>
> Horde is in /usr/local/bin/pear
>
> Perhaps this is the reason.

I may be totally wrong but I do not think so. I am running php/pear in a
win2k/iis environment, with pear in a subdir of php. The web server needs access
rights for these dirs, and you need to populate pear to php (by editing the
php.ini which you need under linux/apache as well, so it should be the same
procedure). After having set-up all that and thus php and pear running, I
simply changed the content of the pear subdir as I wrote before, and logging
worked.

Know that I tried several things before (e.g. implementing only single
classes to pear), but without any success.

Any comment would be appreciated.

Sebastian