[horde] Heavy load on server when using categories

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Oct 2 12:32:08 PDT 2002

Quoting Jan Kuipers <jrkuipers at lauwerscollege.nl>:

> I noticed when using categories the load on the server increases very
> much. At the moment there are only about 750 entries in horde_categories.
> The loadtime of an application using categories increases with
> approximately a factor 4 to 5. Particular with kronolith this becomes
> inconvenient (12 sec.) The server is a 500 MHz pentium III with 512 MB of
> memory. Does anyone else notice this?

Not specifically, but I'm not at all surprised that there's room for
optimization in there. If you could do any tracing/logging and get us
pointed at where optimization would start making the most difference, that'd
be a big help.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."