[horde] Heavy load on server when using categories

Jan Kuipers jrkuipers at lauwerscollege.nl
Wed Oct 2 13:20:14 PDT 2002

Citeren Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:

> Not specifically, but I'm not at all surprised that there's room for
> optimization in there. If you could do any tracing/logging and get us
> pointed at where optimization would start making the most difference, that'd
> be a big help.

It surprised me that this put such a burden on the system. Yesterday I gave this
free for our users. Especially the shared calendars is a very nice feature! But
if this is the result in only one day of use I fear for the future :(
When I turn off the use of categories, the system returns to a more 'normal' load.
What kind of logs are you thinking off?

--
Jan Kuipers
Systeembeheer Lauwers College