[horde] horde & imp dists

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Oct 13 17:30:09 PDT 2002

Zitat von Thomas van Vooren <tvooren at xs4all.nl>:

> I've checked out both head and stable rels for different setups on my
> webserver and configured them successfully for most of the time, but what
> I don't understand is that the basic architecture (just a name) of horde
> between production rels and head are basically the same, but that the
> stables are completely different from a configuration point of view. Why
> is that? I would expect head to be the one to differ the most from
> production, but now  I see that it is stable that differs completely?

Huh? If you compare two versions how can you say that one differs from the
other but not the other from the first?

> Also, I am completely in the dark how I can setup horde to merely set it
> up as a sort of mail 'container' in which I can have a sql login and just
> collect mail from multiple servers into several (user defined) folders.

This isn't the purpose of any of the Horde modules. IMP is to access an
IMAP/POP3 server. Though you now have a feature in IMP that allows to fetch
mails from other accounts.

> Am
> I using the wrong combo's? (I always user head horde with head imp and
> stable horde with stable imp)... also, it seems from the docs and sql
> scripts that sql login is gone from the stable release?

No, it's still there.

Jan.