[horde] horde / turba authentication

Dogg Haus dogghaus at excite.com
Mon Oct 14 14:16:20 PDT 2002

Hi, I need some info about authentication with horde. I would like to use turba as a company directory (users, vendors, etc). My data is stored in an ldap server (openldap 2.0.23). My email server is running cyrus imap/postfix, which authenticates to the ldap server. I have gotten everything running fine, the turba is exactly what I was looking for.

The problem is I had to load imp in order to get horde to authenticate to ldap.  I couldn't manage to get turba to read my ldap data without logging in via imp. I don't need the webmail client, and although it's a great one, it conflicts with {dare I say} Outlook, so I would prefer not to install it. I would prefer not authenticating at all (users being able to follow a "directory" link without logging in), just have turba load and read the ldap directory to post the results. Any suggestions how I can accomplish this?