[horde] Re: Re: Login Problem...

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Oct 16 08:27:23 PDT 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Florian Wiessner wrote:

> "Andrew Morgan" <morgan at orst.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:Pine.OSF.4.33.0210151906030.327688-100000 at ucs.orst.edu...
> >

> > > hm, do you know how to install it with imap support under debian gnu 3.0
> > > linux with apache 1.3.26?
> >
> > Easy.  Here are the php packages I've got installed here:
> >
> > [root at webmail2 ~]# dpkg --list | grep php
> > ii  php4           4.1.2-5        A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting
> langu
> > ii  php4-imap      4.1.2-5        IMAP module for php4
> > ii  php4-ldap      4.1.2-5        LDAP module for php4
> > ii  php4-mysql     4.1.2-5        MySQL module for php4
> > ii  php4-pear      4.1.2-5        PEAR - PHP Extension and Application
> Reposit
>
> okay, i installed those packages and horde and imp are working fine.. the
> problem now is, that i can't change the language to german, though i set it
> in lang.php de_DE as default language.
>
> any hints?

You'll need to setup the matching locale in debian to get it to work.
Run:

dpkg-reconfigure locales

and select the locales you want to configure/add.  Here is what is in my
/etc/locales.gen file, although I haven't tested all of these to very if
they are working correctly:

cs_CZ ISO-8859-2
da_DK ISO-8859-1
de_DE ISO-8859-1