[horde] Fwd: missing config files

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Tue Oct 22 00:55:16 PDT 2002

> I have installed horde into /usr/local/www/htdocs/horde-2.1/
> I am thinking that there
> is a problem with the define horde base but I'm not sure.  I have
> copied the files
> removinng the .dist. I also went into mysql and added a user and passwird
> into the
> database as one of the fixes recommended.  I also tried commenting
> out the
> $horde_configured section.   Could you point me in the right
> direction.  thanks

Hi Jerad,

let's see what we can do upon your prob.

- make sure all horde dirs are accessible by your webserver
- get the current PEAR version from ftp.horde.org, expand it to your PEAR
dir (must be published to php in your php.ini
- work thru the configs; there are some good install information files. In a
brief, you will have to edit horde.php and registry.php, at least.
- depending on what you wanna do you will need some more php capabilities,
e.g. IMAP support; maybe you have to re-compile
- for all further questions, a deeper view onto your system (which
webserver, IMAP/LDAP server, database....) might be helpful

If this was a too short description, ask for more details.

Sebastian