[horde] Custom authentication driver

Graham Wharton horde at pageinabox.com
Sun Oct 27 05:24:56 PST 2002

Hi all,

This is with the following setup.

Apache 1.3.27
PHP 4.2.3
Horde/IMP/Turba/Gollem HEAD
Latest PEAR from pear.php.net

I've written my own custom authentication driver which pulls out username and
password information from variables which are set during the output of my own
custom headers (which I include in common-header in all modules templates. I
also include my authentication scripts in all the base.php's so I know my
username and password variables are being set all the time.

if I go to /horde it looks as if it has worked, It says Hello <username> where
username is set correctly. I get a link to log into Mail, and when I am logged
in as admin I get the admin icons. The url that I end up at is

/horde/login.php?Horde=ded5a24f0f111cecc3da99da29fc0559

so it looks as if a session has been set up ok.

if I go to /horde/imp It takes me to a login screen and says my Mail Session
has expired. If I then login using my username and password it takes me to the
imp client working correctly. The login screen has the following url

/horde/imp/login.php?
reason=session&Horde=cbfeb952b46d08dbee6407806fbc7824&url=%2Fmembers%2Fhorde2%
2Fimp%2Findex.php%3FHorde%3Dcbfeb952b46d08dbee6407806fbc7824

If I go to /horde/gollem it again takes me to a File Manager login screen. If
I then login using my username and password it takes me to the gollem client
working correctly. The url of the login screen is

/horde2/gollem/login.php?Horde=45029b2073282a9d1b4313a0e639de90

Am I doing something wrong that could cause this. My authentication module is
exactly the same as the http one, except that I get the username from some
variables, instead of the PHP user and password variables.

Is there something I should be setting in the imp and gollem modules to tell
them to use the authentication setup in horde.

Ultimately what I want to do is not use the main /horde screen, and just
provide clients links to webmail and filemanager which link to /horde/imp
and /horde/gollem. Should this be possible.

Thanks in advance

Graham Wharton