[horde] sql configuration issue

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 30 19:14:09 PST 2002

CVS HEAD, recent and not so recent a like...

I finally got my postgresql working with unix sockets rather than tcp
sockets.  I had to set the sql parameters everywhere I used a sql driver.
This contradicts the comments in the files.  For example, in
horde/config/conf.php it says:

// Any parameters that the preferences driver needs. This includes
// database or ldap server, username/password to connect with, etc. If
// you are using a database and have configured a Horde database in
// $conf['sql'], you don't need to enter anything here.

I found this not to work.  I had configured $conf['sql']['protocol'] to
'unix' but the prefs were still using 'tcp' instead of 'unix'.

Setting it in $conf['prefs']['params'] fixed it.  A quick look at the
code shows no place where the sql backends (prefs, etc) check the
$conf['sql'] array...

So are these comments wrong?  Or am I missing something?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!