[horde] Can't seem to Login

Mike Koponick mike at redhawk.info
Tue Nov 5 13:51:47 PST 2002

Sebastian,

Yes, I worked thru the entire install/config process, as the documents read.

Now, I looked thru the MySQL database, and ensured the username/password
were correct, and made sure the database structures were also correct,no
problems there.

Here the output from the test.php:

Horde Versions
Horde: 2.1
PHP Version
View phpinfo() screen
PHP Version: 4.2.2
PHP Major Version: 4.2
PHP Minor Version: 2
PHP Version Classification: release
You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP Module Capabilities
FTP Support: Yes
Gettext Support: Yes
IMAP Support: Yes
LDAP Support: Yes
MCAL Support: No
Mcrypt Support: No
MySQL Support: Yes
PostgreSQL Support: Yes
XML Support: Yes
Miscellaneous PHP Settings
short_open_tag enabled: Yes
magic_quotes_runtime set to Off: Yes
file_uploads enabled: Yes
PHP Sessions
Session counter: 5
To unregister the session: click here
PEAR
PEAR - Yes
Recent PEAR - Yes
Mail::RFC822 - Yes
Log - Yes
DB - Yes

When I login (or try to login) I get this error:
 Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/var/www/html/horde/login.php on line 33

Now, from what I can tell, this is an authentication issue. Someone please
tell me I'm wrong ;-)

Here is my horde.php for the authentication portion:

// This is an example configuration for a MySQL preference backend.
// The SQL script to setup the preference database is placed in
// horde/scripts/db/prefs.sql.
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
// $conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '*****';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'milkyway';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

So, in my mind the authentication is properly setup.

Maybe it's time to get the bottle of whiskey out and a have a few shots :-)

Thanks for you help.

Mike