[horde] Re: [imp] ldap logon

Horst Simon Horst.Simon at oz.quest.com
Mon Nov 11 18:00:45 PST 2002

Hi Alois,

Thanks for your reply, saslauthd is running, and I added "allow bind_vs2"

to the slapd.conf, but I still have the same problem. Are you using
cyrus-imap

and how to you authenticate the logins.

My aim is to use imap login and authenticate to ldap using pam-ldap. This
works

perfect when I connect to the imap server using Netscape or K-Mail, is
starts imapd

and changes to slapd for authentication and back to imapd for conecting to
the mailbox.

If I have imap selected for authentiocation and start the login from imp it
starts up imapd,

but it nevers goes to the ldap server for authentication.

If I select ldap for authenticationg users I get the same result no attempt
is made to authenticate

to ldap. Following is my auth definitions in horde.php. Maybe you might have
some idea.

$conf{'auth']['driver'] = 'ldap';

$conf{'auth']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';

$conf{'auth']['params']['port'] = '389';

$conf{'auth']['params']['basedn'] = 'dc=hsc-consulting,dc=com,dc=au';

$conf{'auth']['params']['uid'] = 'cyrus';

Thanks and Regards,

Horst

news:1036999722.3dcf5c2a1e552 at titan.sb-brixen.it...