[horde] Re: Re: [imp] ldap logon

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 13 07:31:29 PST 2002

Quoting Horst Simon <Horst.Simon at oz.quest.com>:

> Sofar what I can see is that imp handles the logon to cyrus-imap different
> than the other clients.

IMP doesn't really handle it, so much as php handles it.  This is really
a function of your php, and as such dependent on the c-client built into
your php.

> When I try to logon from IMP Mail Window the log is as follow:
> master: about to exec /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/imapd
> imap: executed
> imapd: accepted connection
> imapd: OTP unavailable because can't read/write database /etc/opoiekeys: No
> such file or directory

For what ever reason, your php is trying to invoke "One Time Password" (OTP)
authentication, but your system has no OTP support setup.  I know of no
way to stop this -- maybe adding /notls to the protocol will help, but I
kind of doubt it.

> Alois, how to you authenticate, are you using pam-ldap or the the sasldb?

This is up to your imap server as well as IMP configuration.  The only real
way to influence this is with the "/notls" protocol switch in
horde/imp/config/servers.php which says not to use TLS, which should ignore
SASL support.  Someone else already wrote about a way to disable SASL
support on the server end, which may help also.

> IMP appears to pass different parameters to cyrus-imapd then other mail
> clients.

Again, it is your php, not IMP.

--
Eric Rostetter