[horde] Re: Re: [imp] ldap logon

Horst Simon Horst.Simon at oz.quest.com
Tue Nov 12 20:09:27 PST 2002

Hi,

Sofar what I can see is that imp handles the logon to cyrus-imap different
than the other clients.
Cyrus-Imap authenticates correct to LDAP with other clients the log for
these clients shows:
imapd: login: localhost[127.0.0.1} hsimon plaintext
after this the slapd messages for authentication and the last line is
imapd: open: user hsimon opened INBOX

When I try to logon from IMP Mail Window the log is as follow:
master: about to exec /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/imapd
imap: executed
imapd: accepted connection
imapd: OTP unavailable because can't read/write database /etc/opoiekeys: No
such file or directory

and does not make an attempt to authenticate to LDAP. Do I need to enable in
imp's conf.php more authenticatons?

Alois, how to you authenticate, are you using pam-ldap or the the sasldb?
IMP appears to pass different parameters to cyrus-imapd then other mail
clients.

Horde can authenticate with LDAP to turba and kronolith.

Regards,
Horst Simon