[horde]

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Fri Dec 6 17:21:34 PST 2002

fre, 2002-12-06 kl. 23:56 skrev Jdebrunn:

> I'm trying to get the latest (CVS) version of Horde/Imp/etc running and
> cannot get past the login screen.

Dunno if this offers any comfort, but it's exactly the same for me with
Horde CVS and PHP 4.2.3 on Apache 1.3.27, MySQL 3.23.52.

But then it was for Horde 2.1 too, so what the h*ll? I'm only trying to
get Horde working, and don't care about Imp or anything else at the
moment.

I've taken the view that everything is *my* fault, and that I have to
learn PHP4 properly, understand the code and debug the whole thing. I
got only one major bug in 2.1 that stopped a MySQL connect and fixed
that.

With the CVS I can insist on a TCP connection (exclusively domain socket
on 2.1) and can use Ethereal. Doesn't help with anything.

> When I use IMP/IMAP login, I get a success message in the log but I'm
> returned to the login screen. Using the IMP test page I get a successful
> logon to the IMAP server. The regular horde/test.php is OK except for PEAR.
> I copied the current PEAR files over from the horde site and still get an
> out of date pear message. I saw a message on the list that this is not an
> accurate message - is that true?

Maybe yes and maybe no. The db connect will probably work without a pear
update from 4.1. You can get the latest CVS Pear at pear.php.net, with
the normal CVS procedure (it explains how). However, once you've got it,
you still have to install it and the online manual tells you useless
lies about how to do that. I had to jam it into my php4 install tree and
do a fresh 'make install' ('cos I'm lazy). Watch out though, since
there's a Makefile.frag with which you may have to patch the php4
Makefile.

Even then, the only thing *that* fixes, is PEAR not being compliant.
You'll still have to include the new php4 stuff like compiling Openssl
into php4 - and more - to stop it yakking. And even then there are
things that test.php will barf at.

> When I try SQL login, I get a bad username/password message and a failure
> message in the log. I have tried saving the password as both plaintext and
> MD5 without success.

Yep. It's taught me an awful lot about php4 coding and MySQL password
encryption up to now, trying to degug it.

> I have set logging to the max but am not getting many messages so I'm not
> getting any help there.

Agree.

> Connections to the database are fine so the problem
> is not with connectinig to the database. I used htpasswd on the linux box to
> generate the hash for the SQL login - using the word 'password' as the
> password it gave the hash as:
> $apr1$MTiPk/..$RUl4j2tagFs/PQchQGGU0/

With MySQL you can see what things *should* be. It's just that Horde
doesn't give the right crypt or hash to MySQL. That's what I'm trying to
sort out at the moment.

> Does that look correct or could that be the problem with the SQL login?

Certainly it's not what MySQL would expect.

> I'm using Postgresql on a linux box for the database

To each his own poison.

>  and a W2K box as the webserver.

Hmmm ...

>  I've had Horde/IMP running on the linux box but I'm trying out
> the new apps that require newer versions of PHP than I can get to install. I
> have the latest PHP on the Windows machine which is why I'm using it
> instead.

Guess that both of us are stuck at the same point, for me that's Horde
giving an md5 encrypted string and MySQL expecting a MySQL crypt string.
However, as I said above, the whole thing is my fault and I have to sort
it out. When I've got far enough to pin it down, I'll get back to the
list.

Best,

Tony

--