[horde]

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Sat Dec 7 04:26:39 PST 2002

lør, 2002-12-07 kl. 02:21 skrev Tony Earnshaw:

> fre, 2002-12-06 kl. 23:56 skrev Jdebrunn:

> > I'm trying to get the latest (CVS) version of Horde/Imp/etc running and
> > cannot get past the login screen.
>
> Dunno if this offers any comfort, but it's exactly the same for me with
> Horde CVS and PHP 4.2.3 on Apache 1.3.27, MySQL 3.23.52.

> I've taken the view that everything is *my* fault, and that I have to
> learn PHP4 properly, understand the code and debug the whole thing. I
> got only one major bug in 2.1 that stopped a MySQL connect and fixed
> that.

*DONE IT!*

However, this only applies to CVS HEAD, pear CVS head and MySQL running
on Linux. Others might find their MMV.

By changing line 112 in sql.php thus:

// $this->_db->quote(md5($credentials['password'])));

$this->_db->quote(($credentials['password'])));

and copying and pasting the MySQL-encrypted password into the Horde url
password entry box, I could log in as an admin user (me :-). In as much
as I'd defined "me" as an admin user, along with horde.

>From "inside" the Horde admin module, I can add new MySQL user objects
and generally play about, which is what I was after. To begin with.

I *knew* it had to be that pesky md5 that was fscking things up. Now all
I have to find is a "crypt" alternative to md5 that MySQL will accept.

Which raises the question: "Why did the otherwise brilliant Horde
developers make this so difficult? Why does md5 work for them and not
for everyday people like me?"

Best,

Tony

--