[horde] Imp authorization and user maintenance

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Sun Dec 15 09:06:23 PST 2002

søn, 2002-12-15 kl. 17:42 skrev Jan Schneider:

> > Apache 1.3.27, PHP 4.2.3, CVS HEAD, PEAR head and 'most all production
> > modules. Really happy with it all, and this list.
> >
> > I'd like to use Imp for authentication. As an admin user, I can do user
> > maintence as long as I don't use Imp for authentication. If I use Imp
> > for authentication, I can't do user maintenance. I've searched through
> > the code, but can't find anything. Does anyone know why?

> No, and if you don't provide a better description than "don't work",
> probably noone does.

O.k.

// If you want to use IMP with Horde and don't want to let the users
// login twice (once for Horde and once for IMP) you can setup Horde
// to let IMP do the authentication stuff. Set the auth driver to
// 'application', and add IMP as the driver's parameters:
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';
$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';

I have to translate back from Norwegian Nynorsk, hope I can do it:
_____

Administration -> User administration

Add users has been turned off
Authentication back end

User listing has been turned off
User listing is not supported by back end authentication, or the
function has been turned off for some reason
_____

"Back end" is MySQL. There is nothing wrong with my DB. If I don't use
Imp for authentication (which otherwise works fine for everything), I
can do user admin. Even if it's in Norwegian Nynorsk. User Horde can do
it too, in US English.

Hope this helps.

Tony

--