[horde] Configuration Help, index.php says misconfigured

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 19 12:07:37 PST 2002

Quoting GypsyMage <mage at gmage.net>:

> I recently installed Horde on my Redhat 8.0 machine.  I've spent a few days
> with this now and I'm about out of ideas.  I visit the /horde web directory
> and get the "Horde is misconfigured" page listing the files that it can't
> find.  I run index.php manually on a shell and it finds the files just fine.

Sounds like either your web server paths are wrong, your php include/search
paths are wrong, your permissions on the files or their directories are wrong,
and/or you're suffering from a rare bug no one has traced down yet (but is
worked around in CVS).

If you can't find a path or permission problem, then try changing the checks
in horde/index.php to include the path HORDE_BASE, so it would look something
like:

define('HORDE_BASE', dirname(__FILE__));
$horde_configured = (@file_exists(HORDE_BASE . '/config/conf.php') &&
                     @file_exists(HORDE_BASE . '/config/html.php') &&
                     @file_exists(HORDE_BASE . '/config/mime_drivers.php') &&
                     @file_exists(HORDE_BASE . '/config/mime_mapping.php') &&