[horde] Horde: Usr shared apps

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Fri Dec 20 10:13:15 PST 2002

fre, 2002-12-20 kl. 17:02 skrev eculp at encontacto.net:

> Tony, I have been putting off creating graphical reinforcement for my
> explanations as to how to create a shared resource.  When I saw your email,
> I decided to do a quick and dirty one to see how it came out and as a reference
> point to understand your problem.  This works with or without admin privileges.
> You only need admin privileges to add groups from the administration menu.
>
> I could use your help to kill two birds with one stone, please go through it
> and let me know where you get to permissions denied.  I can't duplicate it.
> Also any suggestions for improvement would be great.  I want to do this for
> the most important and sometimes confusing preferences configuration.
>
> I'm using gallery for this and it can be seen at http://gallery.morando.org

Ed, thanks for the involvement.

I went to gallery (above) and followed *all* of the steps. The trouble
is, that things seem to work differently for my HEAD and what is
described in gallery.

What happens in my Horde:

--------------

I get the Calendar screen, as described in gallery, with a calendar. I
have no option "create". I do have option pull-down "Show Calendars"
(with "show"), and option "Options".

So I choose "Options".

It has "Calendars", "Manage multiple calendars".

So I choose that.

It has "Edit your calendars".

So I choose that.

I get: Calendar's name" and "Calendar's type"

So I enter "shared" for calendar and "shared" (pull down) for calendar
type

I do "create" (graphic)

Is created.

I am in the same screen. I choose "Back to calendar options"

I get "Edit your calendars.

I select "shared". I get Calendar type "shared" (pulldown, entered for
me).

I do "Members List" and get "permission denied"

So I created a new calendar, "shared", that couldn't be shared.

E finito.

Best,

Tonni

--