[horde] HOWTOs

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Sat Dec 21 12:49:53 PST 2002

Hi list,

Well, not really HOWTOs, I'm finding out Simon's way and I'm already 100%
convinced: MySQL based CVS de-luxe Horde on a Linux Compaq notebook. With just
about every Unix Internet server possiblity imaginable.

I just read Simon Beutel's answer to francis ted seguerra and agree entirely.
I'm amazed by Horde, its capabilities and its potential. For me, the most
impportant point is Horde's enormous cross-platform viability in enterprise
situations. O.k., so Horde is full of holes, but they get repaired daily. For
example, i don't like Turba's limited LDAP possiblities. But I've found out that
I can add to them myself :-)

I'm gradually going over from Ximian's Evolution to Horde. On my Compaq
notebook. Yes, there will be many things I miss, but I get a lot more back.

Simon (or others), I've begun to keep notes on what I'm doing, what I miss, what
the advantages are. But others must have done this before me. Is - or are -
there urls where I van gather other peopls' experience at going over from MS
Exchange, Novell Groupware, Lotus Notes? I''d stress that the CVS Horde is
vastly superior to the so-called stable version, and such urls should reflect
this (I know about Ed Culp's place, but he's on vacation for a couple of days).

Best, and thanks for a great group.

Best,

Tony

--
When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do ...