[horde] Horde w/ multiple servers

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Dec 22 14:30:21 PST 2002

Quoting "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley at pcraft.com>:

>     I'm planning on installing the core horde framework with IMP,
> Kronolith, Mnemo, Nag, Sork, and Turba.  My question is this: can I
> install all of these on a web server (which also is a NIS slave), and
> have all of the above modules work properly by interfacing with the IMAP
> server (which is a separate machine all together) for IMP, and be able
> to allow users to use the four parts of Sork as well?  The IMAP server
> is also my shell and master NIS machine.  So a graphical layout would
> look like this:
>
>         Machine_A                        Machine_B
>         =========                        =========
>         Shell Logins                     Web Server
>         NIS Master                       NIS Slave
>         IMAP

Should be no problem except for sork.  If Machine_A will accept ftp from
Machine_B, or if Machine_B nfs mounts the home partitions from Machine_A,
then vacation/forwards will work.  Passwd can be made to work in this setup,
but how easy or hard that is depends on your particular setup.

So it is all possible, but the sork part may pose some additional concerns,
all of which can be addressed one way or another.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!