[horde] Fwd: Gettext Problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 27 09:13:37 PST 2002

If anyone can answer/help this person please do... Thanks...

Eric

----- Forwarded message from kettgun at yahoo.com -----
    Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 16:17:57 -0800 (PST)
    From: Ketut Gunawan <kettgun at yahoo.com>
 Subject: Gettext Problem
      To: faq at horde.org

Dear Horde Development Team,

Horde Webmail is so exciting. I have been successful
in installing IMP, but not successful to install
Horde. So I cannot run Horde Webmail :-(

The problem is my server does not support "Gettext" (I
saw in test.php). I have tried to install Gettext but
not successful yet. I used commercial webhosting and
having access to root directory, mySql database,
phpMyAdmin, etc. But I think I do not have access to
intall Gettext (?) since I use Control Panel to
install any software for our website. I have been
successful in installing many database driven scripts
(e.g. PHP-Nuke, Postnuke, Advance Guestbook, etc).

My question is:

**Where should I install Gettext? At Horde directory,
root directory, or somewhere else?  Can I install it
as a directory and how to connect to Horde?

If I can't solve this problem, I hope the future
release of Horde can include a script as an
alternative of Gettext support, or Gettext files are
included in Horde package (for easy intallment :-))

Thanks you very much in advance?

Best regards,
Ketut

-----------------
       a. Gettext support. (--with-gettext)

          Gettext is the GNU Translation Project's
localization library.
          Horde uses gettext to provide local
translations of text
          displayed by applications. Information on
obtaining the
          gettext package is available at

http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html

          (See also note below on configuring translations.)

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Eric Rostetter