[horde] Re: akk~ PEAR!!

Hector hector at neotek.waw.pl
Thu Jan 2 03:21:52 PST 2003

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> stor, 2003-01-02 kl. 10:50 skrev Hector:
 >
> This should be in a FAQ somewhere.
>
> 1: If you've installed PHP4.3 on Linux/Unix, then you have a pear
> directory within the compile directory. Get the latetst pear CVS from
> pear.php.net, install it in that directory, make clean, run configure,
> make and make install for PHP again;
>
> Or:
>
> 2: Even if you've compiled an Apache DSO or built-in static PHP, compile
> a CGI PHP as well and copy it to /usr/local/bin. Then you should have a
> utility "pear" that you can run from the command line; it is a mini
> equivalent to CPAN - when you are on the Internet, you can use it to
> upgrade/update your pear installation.

I  have installed the php 4.3.0 with php executable BUT:
There are two php's:
php is in php-4.3.0/sapi/cli and in php-4.3.0/sapi/cgi
(First difference is that the 'cgi/php -i' produces the HTML code as an
answer and the 'cli/php -i' produes the clear text answer).

I copied the one from cli dorectory to /usr/local/bin/ and it works fine
with pear.

I DID upgraded the pear module via command:
pear upgrade PEAR
and it installed the stable version 1.00

So now the PEAR directory consists:

[root at alpha php]# ls PEAR
Autoloader.php  Command      Common.php  Dependency.php  Installer.php
Registry.php
Builder.php     Command.php  Config.php  Frontend        Packager.php
Remote.php

Installed packages:
===================
+------------------+---------+--------+
| Package          | Version | State  |
| Archive_Tar      | 0.9     | stable |
| Benchmark        | 1.2     | stable |
| Console_Getopt   | 1.0     | stable |
| DB               | 1.3     | stable |
| HTML_Common      | 1.0     | stable |
| HTML_Crypt       | 1.1     | stable |
| HTML_Javascript  | 1.0.0   | stable |
| HTML_QuickForm   | 2.5     | stable |
| HTML_Table       | 1.3     | stable |
| HTML_Template_IT | 1.0.0   | stable |
| HTML_TreeMenu    | 1.1.2   | stable |
| HTTP             | 1.2     | stable |
| Log              | 1.5.3   | stable |
| MDB              | 1.1.1   | stable |
| Mail             | 1.0.2   | stable |
| Math_Stats       | 0.8.3   | beta   |
| Net_SMTP         | 1.0     | stable |
| Net_Socket       | 1.0.1   | stable |
| PEAR             | 1.0     | stable |
| Pager_Sliding    | 1.1.6   | stable |
| XML_Parser       | 1.0     | stable |
| XML_RPC          | 1.0.4   | stable |

I'm writing to the group because I really don;t know twat's rong with
this :-(

Hector