[horde] Possible problem with virtual host and IMP 3.1 or Horde 2.1 or maybe with me :)

Chris Shepherd chriss at whstuart.com
Thu Jan 2 08:23:09 PST 2003

Quoting Joe Burks <joe-imp at wavicle.org>:

> About 3 weeks ago I got IMP set up on my server and it worked flawlessly...
> until today...  It is trying to bring up the maintenance page so I can
> archive all my received email, but is generating the url for the account
> maintenance page wrong.  Here's a run down on my setup:
>
> Apache 2.0.43, PHP 4.2.3, IMP 3.1, Horde 2.1
>
> I created a DNS entry called webmail.wavicle.org
> I created an apache virtual host entry for webmail.wavicle.org that points
> to my imp installation directory
> Inside horde/config/registry.php:
>    I changed the horde webroot to 'http://www.wavicle.org/horde'
>    I changed the imp webroot to ''

Here's your problem.

I am myself running a vhosted setup, and this is not correct at all. Webroot is
relative to your base web path for that virtualdomain. You do not need to
configure anything fancy for apache.

>From your description, just set horde's webroot to '/horde' and imp's webroot
to $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/imp' and you should be set.

The paths should be relative and not include your FQDN.

--
Chris Shepherd