[horde] Snapshot installation - mime_magic problems

Mike Cochrane mike at graftonhall.co.nz
Fri Jan 3 17:15:34 PST 2003

> ----- Message from bronto at csd-bes.net ---------
> What's giving me difficulty is that the test.php file is reporting
> that mime magic support isn't there, and I can't figure out why.
> I've compiled apache to imclude mod_mime_magic, and compiled php
> with the --enable-mime-magic parameter in configure.
You will also need to specify the mime magic file in php.ini
mime_magic.magicfile

> In phpinfo(), the apache section lists mod_mime_magic as a loaded
> module.  There are no other mentions of mime_magic.
The apache mod_mime_magic is not the same as the php mime_magic. If phpinfo()
doesn't have a block about mime_magic then it means it probably wasn't compiled
in correctly. Or the extension wasn't loaded in php.ini. You rembmered to
restart apache, right?

- Mike :-)