[horde] Snapshot installation - mime_magic problems

Rob Brandt bronto at csd-bes.net
Fri Jan 3 10:04:02 PST 2003

>> ----- Message from bronto at csd-bes.net ---------
>> What's giving me difficulty is that the test.php file is
>> reporting that mime magic support isn't there, and I can't
>> figure out why. I've compiled apache to imclude
>> mod_mime_magic, and compiled php with the --enable-mime-magic
>> parameter in configure.
> You will also need to specify the mime magic file in php.ini
> mime_magic.magicfile

OK, but I'm unsure of the syntax.  I've tried:

mime_magic.magicfile = /usr/share/misc/magic.mime
mime_magic.magicfile = "/usr/share/misc/magic.mime"

with no positive results.  The docs at php.net aren't explicit.

>> In phpinfo(), the apache section lists mod_mime_magic as a
>> loaded module.  There are no other mentions of mime_magic.
> The apache mod_mime_magic is not the same as the php mime_magic.

I knew that, but assumed that php needed to mod_mime_magic in
apache to work.

> If phpinfo() doesn't have a block about mime_magic then it means
> it probably wasn't compiled in correctly. Or the extension
> wasn't loaded in php.ini.

On first reading this I thought maybe you meant that a seperate
library extension was needed, but reading the docs at php.net says
that's not the case.  But now I'm not sure what you mean.  The
docs say that the only thing I need in php.ini is the reference to
magic.mime.  So back to correct syntax again....

 You rembmered to restart apache,
> right?

:')  I've been known to do this, but not this time :')

Rob