[horde] snapshot installation questions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jan 6 09:56:40 PST 2003

Quoting Tony Earnshaw <tonni at billy.demon.nl>:

> Oh, I'm pretty sure. I wish it were true that I could get the same
> functionality with ldap that I get with SQL. Believe me, Chuck, I tried
> - and I'm an ldap person.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, aside from scaring people with
vague FUD. But it doesn't, and can't, change the fact that
Groups/Permissions in Horde are entirely independant from the authentication
backend that's being used.

> One example: your horde.person represents a structural object class and
> conflicts with my evolutionperson structural object class. So, I have to
> put any extra attributes from horde into evolution and adapt them.
> Because I want both. And that's just for starters. All the functionality
> of a full-blown Horde installation is dependant on SQL.

Because you or someone else hasn't contributed a categories backend for LDAP
or something other than SQL, yes. But that isn't what you were saying. Again.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Block Island Ferry - Fastest Route to Downtown"