[horde] Status on install

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 8 00:04:20 PST 2003

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > However, as Horde grows and matures, we'll be looking at adding more
> > icons, and we'll either need to create more groups for such pseudo-
> > modules, or come up with another strategy for the main horde menu bar
> > (simplist would be two rows instead of one, but there are others....)
>
> I agree. 2 rows instead of 1 won't scale very well, and doesn't appeal to
> me at a gut level also (for what that's worth).

Agreed.

> Some kind of hierarchical menu would be nice, but that smells like DHTML,
> and I don't know if we want to require that or can come up with something
> that regresses nicely.

That won't work with the current frameset structure. We could certainly
circumvent this with proprietary solutions but not cross browser compatible.
At least not if we do it the "standard" way with a menu opening up from top
to bottom or vice versa. We need to let the submenu slide from left to right
inside the menu bar. That probably looks really funky, but I have no idea
how that deals with usability.

Jan.