[horde] Status on install

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 7 22:17:16 PST 2003

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > However, as Horde grows and matures, we'll be looking at adding more
> > icons, and we'll either need to create more groups for such pseudo-
> > modules, or come up with another strategy for the main horde menu bar
> > (simplist would be two rows instead of one, but there are others....)
>
> I agree. 2 rows instead of 1 won't scale very well, and doesn't appeal to
> me at a gut level also (for what that's worth).

I don't like it myself, but it is easy ;)

> Some kind of hierarchical menu would be nice, but that smells like DHTML,
> and I don't know if we want to require that or can come up with something
> that regresses nicely.

I have no ideas in this area.

> Multiple select lists, maybe? By category?

Hmmm.... I supposed that would work, but I'm not sure it would be
intuitive enough for the beginner to easily grasp...

> All ears for better ideas and better yet, patches.

Well, I'll think about it, but so far my ideas aren't very good...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!