[horde] MySQL persistent connections

Jens Peter jpm at klausi-hh.de
Thu Jan 9 06:22:09 PST 2003

Hi Jan

> > I use horde, imp, turba, nmeno and kronolith and
> > wan't to disable use of persistent DB connections.
> > First I set "false" in the connect functions, in
> > all sql.php files I found.
> >
> > MySQL processlist has still sleeping processes.
>
> Of course. MySQL starts a fixed number of processes when starting up, IIRC 5
> by default. This has nothing to do with persistant connections.

If mysql shows sleeping processes from the user 'horde'
and they will still stay in the list for long time,
even if no horde runs anymore, this are definitly
persistant connections.

I changed the connect funktion in PEAR's mysql.php:

//$connect_function = $persistent ? 'mysql_pconnect' : 'mysql_connect';
$connect_function = 'mysql_connect';

Horde runs without problems and no sleeping processes
are shown anymore.
If have no problem with this. MySQL connects very fast
and persistant connections are not nessecary.
OK, I should configure Apache und MySQL to work correctly
with persistant connections. But I can't do so. ;-(

regards, JPM