[horde] Re: Re: Anyone tried IMP with Exchange 2000 IMAP?

David Vella david at zero6.net
Thu Jan 9 10:35:11 PST 2003

Hi,

I Managed to make everything work and also to login to an IMAP (non SSL)
mailbox.

I followed your instructions and set up the same dir-structure etc. I can
login non problem (from test page and not test page) to an IMAP non SSL
account.

Now I am testing with Exchange 2000 IMAP SSL however I cannot manage at all.
There are no firewalls or anything.  I tried ALL combinations :(
Unfortunately Exchange 2000 IMAP does not seem to offer any logging
functionality:((

Anyone knows if there is any extra special connection string to connect to
Exchange 2000 IMAP?

Now for the BAD news.

What I managed till now was on a test machine. Now I am trying to install on
my live server however having loads of problems which I believe are because
of PHP however not Horde/IMP (at least till now).

I am trying to install the ISAPI PHP plugin but after that I try the
horde/test.php it just never returns anything until a timeout happens,
trying to stop the IIS service does not work, the WWW fails to stops. It is
like something paused during the process, I tried interactive with desktop
but still nothing.

Same thing exactly happens when using the php.exe instead of the
php4isapi.dll

regards,

David Vella - GFI Software Ltd. - www.gfi.com
Messaging, Content Security & Network security software
GFI: FAXmaker - LANguard - MailSecurity - DownloadSecurity

<s-beutel at gmx.de> wrote in message news:31947.1042067170 at www15.gmx.net...
> [...]
it
> > is
> > a setup issue.
> >
> > What is the proposed default directory structure to use (both virtual
and
> > physical) in order to try to settle those kind of problems for now?
> >

> Horde needs to be in your wwwroot or a subdir of that. Every horde
> application (like IMP) needs to be in a subdir of horde. If needed, you co
uld change
> this, but it should fit in most cases.
>

> > The horde test.php works perfectly
> > The IMP test.php returns all the information however when I try to make
> > test logon it does not work (takes ages to return after logon).  Can I
> > test
> > with an IMAP SSL account in the test logon section?
> >

> What is the error you're getting? IIRC the test.php login only works with
> plain IMAP (I experienced problems with cyrus/sasldb and TLS; no
experiences
> with real SSL [not self-signed]), but usually it should give you some kind
of
> error information.
>
> Two ways to proceed:
>
> (1) have one external plain IMAP account and try to log in (most webmail
> provider have something like this)
>
> (2) given horde is already configured (have a look at the
> /horde/config/registry.php and the horde.php), just try to go on with
configuring your IMP. As
> a first approach, edit the /imp/config/conf.php as follows: mail server
> settings section, set server_list to 'none' and all following options in
this
> section to true (no hyphens - these are booleans). Now, at IMP login, you
should
> be prompted to enter server, user, pass, protocol etc. manually. Play a
bit
> 'round, and probably you'll find the correct settings.
>
> (2b) as long as the exchange server is accessible from the internet, go to
> the horde demo site (I cannot reach it in that very moment...)
> http://demo.horde.org/stable/horde/imp and try to find the correct
settings from there...

> Finally you'll have to edit the /imp/config/servers.php appropriately.
>
> Some more thoughts:
>
> -  is horde already configured?
> -  firewall/proxy between the webserver and exchange server?
> -  logging enabled? you can log php and horde (certainly you are logging
the
> server). Any meaningful entries?
>
> Concerning your other question: if you just want to provide a webmail with
> no gimmicks, then you won't need a database. But starting with an
addressbook
> or similar, you might wish to have a database or such - but I guess you
want
> to keep addresses centrally with exchange, thus no other addressbook
needed
> (that's my situation in the office - we have another mail server - Tobit
David
> -, and I wanted to have just a multiplatform webmail frontend - the
> webserver is to be changed to Linux). Well, this leads to the question,
where to have
> all information/login/addresses/dates etc. stored: I hate redundancies.
But