[horde] Initial setup of horde

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 9 16:19:43 PST 2003

Quoting Mike Barsalou <mbarsalou at aidea.org>:

> My intention is to use IMAP as the authentication method.

IMAP, or IMP?  Both will work.

> I have looked through the archives and I can't find information about how to
> use IMAP authentication for Horde to get to the administration tools.

For IMAP, configure it in horde/config/conf.php (or horde/config/horde.php,
which ever you have).  Something like:

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();

// For IMAP, this is the server name, port, protocol, etc.
$conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{imap.example.com:143/imap}INBOX';

where you would replace "imap.example.com" with your imap server (and
maybe have to fix the port, etc. also...)

For IMP, something like:
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();
$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';

But, there is a catch-22 here, in that you can't configure IMP from Horde
if Horde uses IMP authentication. :)

> Is it possible to use the IMP/IMAP authentication to get access to the
> administration tools?

Yes.  You won't be able to manipulate IMAP users from there, but everything
else will work.

> I am getting:
>
> Fatal error: Failed opening required
> '/var/www/html/horde/config/../imp/config/conf.php'
> (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/horde/lib/Registry.php
> on line 602

That is the above 'catch-22' I mentioned.

> These seems like the conf.php doesn't exist...which is true....which is why
> I am trying to get to the administration util....

You will need to use IMAP instead of IMP to configure IMP, then switch to
IMP again to do anything else.

> Do I have to setup a basic imp/config/conf.php before I can use the admin
> util?

Yes and no.  But basically see above.

Also, Chuck has a new, not-too-well-tested command line setup util now,
which you can try if you are brave.  Update to current CVS, and it is
in (I think) horde/scripts/setup.php.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics