[horde] Epimetheus Stats Module!!

Hobbs, Richard hobbs at mongeese.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 03:24:20 PST 2003

Hello,
    Thanks for ur help!! ...so quickly too! lol

Currently, i think the application name stands at "Epimetheus", although
i'm not sure if anyone has any objections to this yet... we'll give it a
week, and if nobody expresses any negative opinions on this name, we'll
stick to it! :-)

As for the application framework... i'll get this started asap, and let
you know when i have something worth uploading to the CVS. As i haven't
done much project management of this type, i assume what happens if ppl
write code upgrades, send them to me, i review them, and then add them to
the CVS, or something similar... right??

If so, there's a slight problem... PHP is one of those languages i'm not
too good on at the moment. i can understand it, like i can other
languages, but i couldn't write it from scratch! lol, they taught me java
at uni, u see, and i'm using java all the time now too, so the only PHP i
know if stuff i've picked up en route. therefore, i don't mind being a
team lead, but reviewing people's code changes may be slightly
difficult...

Also... if anyone else would like to share the team lead role, let me
know!! i'm gonna do my final year at uni, beginning September 2003, so i'm
not sure how much time i'll have due to the dissertation etc... lol

Let me know if anyone has any opinions, suggestions, comments, or anything
similar!!

Thanks,
Richard.

> Zitat von "Hobbs, Richard" <hobbs at mongeese.co.uk>:
>
>>     As there seems to be quite a lot of interest in this, does anyone
>> know
>> how we could officially get it started?? i'm happy to give the "Team
>> Lead" role a go, if i'm any good at it!
>
> Great.
>
>> I need to get the Horde ppl to recognise that there is an interest
>> here, and that ppl would be willing to contribute source code also.
>>
>> Any responses would be good, from Horde "officials" or random ppl on
>> this list.
>>
>> Please gimme a base to work from, and i'll see where we can go with
>> this Epimetheus module!!
>
> Start setting up a basic framework for this app based on the skeleton
> module from CVS. If you feel like it's ready to share it with the others
> interested in coding on it, we'll add a module to the CVS repository and
> give you CVS access to this module.
> We can also create a mailing list as soon as an application name has
> been decided (if it hasn't already).
>
> Jan.
>
> --
> http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
> http://www.ammma.de - discover your knowledge
> http://www.tip4all.de - Deine private Tippgemeinschaft

Richard Hobbs
hobbs at mongeese.co.uk
http://mongeese.co.uk | http://fishsponge.co.uk

"There's only one way of life, and that's your own" - The Levellers

Send all your jokes to jokes at fishsponge.co.uk !!