[horde] importing outlook express mailbox into horde

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Thu Jan 16 09:55:34 PST 2003

> Hi all, have just moved servers. I was using open webmail but during the
> move I
> downloaded all the messages to outlook express. Is there a way I can now
> move
> these messages back into my new horde mailboxes?

Scott,

this has nothing to do with horde nor imp......... Please understand the
system: somewhere there is a mail server which stores your messages. Horde is
one way to connect (via IMAP or POP3), Outlook is another way. But in both
ways, messages are basically stored on the mail server. Outlook gives you the
possibility to download/save messages to your local disk (that's what you did),
and you can upload it again (at least if it's an IMAP server - afaik POP
won't work; in that case re-send the messages again): simply click it (local
directory in OE), drag it, and drop it to the mailbox folder - that's it.

You may ask me in case of any futher question, but as this is not
horde-related, just ask me and let's go back to the list if horde matters again.

Best,

Sebastian