[horde] Virtual doamin support on CVS

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Jan 16 11:56:46 PST 2003

Quoting Nathan Stratton <nathan at robotics.net>:

 | On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
 |
 | > If you take care of this, IMP won't care - just have people log in with
 | > their full usernames, and it will work. Taking care of this, however, is
 | > your IMAP server's job. Cyrus can support it; dunno about other servers.
 |
 | So what do I need to change in IMP to allow users to log in as
 | username at domain.com?

I would suggest that you first choose an imap server that works well with
virtual domains and a backend database for the user information.  I use
courier's complete mail suite (One stop shopping and configuration:-)
and ldap.  Courier also works well with mysql but I haven't used it.
Cyrus will also work as I think Chuck mentioned.

Set up your your imap server and test it with your backend independent
of IMP.  When they are working happily together IMP will work with the
email as the login.  You will probably want to use the vhost hook in
horde/config/hooks.php to transparently add the @usersvirtualdomain.com
to the uid on login and you are ready.  I really isn't that difficult.
No matter what configuration that you choose, there will be many on the
list with similar configurations who will be glad to lend you a hand
if you find yourself stuck.

ed