[horde] Best practices for cvs updates?

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikejp at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 16 14:48:31 PST 2003

Config files as such don't get over written because they come down as .dist. So that's ok.
Also most config dirs have a .cvsignore for the config file. If not just add them.
I simply do a "cvs update -Pd agora" for instance.
I don't do the whole thing at once personally. I get simply what looks like it has had enough changes to make it worth getting the latest.

What is a bit difficult is if you made changes to the code.
Then you will have to deal with cvs conflicts....
you know the <<<<<<<<<<  in the source files.

Mike

>how do I pick and choose cvs files?  What do others do
>to stay current without a full rebuild?

Cheers,
Mike