[horde] Re: [announce] Horde 2.2 released

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Sat Jan 18 14:55:17 PST 2003

Quoting Jon Parise <jon at horde.org>:

| > This package of Horde-2.2 contains the SessionHandler:: API which
| should
| > belong to the next release.
|
| Then it was incorrectly merged into the release branch.  It's too late
| now.  If it's a real problem, we'll have to release 2.2.1.

Why is it incorrect?  It works just fine in Horde 2.2 and does not break
backward compatibility.  The only thing that won't work is if you use Horde
2.2 session handlers and IMP authentication.  *BUT* I was going to make
that prominent in the config file.  It was my mistaken understanding that
the SessionHandler stuff was going to appear in 2.3, not 2.2, so I was not
in a rush to make this change.  Obviously this was my mistake and I take
full responsibility for it.

Additionally, IMP 3.2 will remain completely backward compatible with Horde
2.0 so this is OK also.

comments/criticism/my warped concept of BC should be directed to me.

michael