[horde] enable UTF-8 then cause these problems

David Chang david at thbuo.gov.tw
Sat Jan 18 23:51:16 PST 2003

Hi all:
Today i update horde via cvs,I make these changes
1.Set horde/config/nls.php
   $nls['conf']['enable_utf'] =  true ;
2.Chang php.ini like this:
   mbstring.language = Chinese
   mbstring.internal_encoding = UTF-8
   mbstring.http_input = auto
   mbstring.http_output = UTF-8
   mbstring.func_overload = 7
3.Restart apache+php 4.3

After login into horde ,some places look right with Chinese format ,but some
are not.I thought maybe mb_string not be used in some place,so cause such
problem.
There are

    1.imp->option->Personal Information.
      (Original data stored in Mysql with BIG-5 format)
    2.nag/mnemo/kronolith's category name.
      (Original data stored in Mysql with BIG-5 format)
    3.Calendar's name,Notepad's name & Task Lists's name
       (Original data stored in Mysql with BIG-5 format)
    3.name in trean.
      (Original data stored in Mysql with BIG-5 format)
    4.some of custome files in Projects/config/*.php,eg
        'name' entry in
imp/config/server.php ,gollem/config/backend.php,passwd/config/backends.php

    5. horde|imp/config/motd.php
    6. horde|imp/locale/zh_TW/help.xml

Here are my ENV:
        Horde Versions
Horde: 3.0-cvs
IMP: 4.0-cvs (run IMP tests)
Ingo: 0.1-cvs (run Ingo tests)
Sam: 0.0.2-cvs
Troll: 0.0.4-cvs
Mimp: 0.0.1-cvs
Turba: 2.0-cvs
Moment: 1.0-cvs
Kronolith: 2.0-cvs
Mnemo: 2.0-cvs
Nag: 2.0-cvs
Genie: 0.0.1-cvs
Gollem: 0.0.1-cvs
Nic: 0.0.2-cvs
Odin: 2.0-cvs
Chora: 2.0-cvs
Babel: 0.1-cvs
Whups: 0.0.1-cvs
Jonah: 0.0.3-cvs (run Jonah tests)
Klutz: 0.0.1-cvs
Orator: 0.0.1-cvs
Hermes: 0.0.1-cvs
Juno: 0.0.3-cvs
Accounts: 2.0.2-cvs
Forwards: 2.1.1-cvs
Passwd: 2.1.1-cvs
Vacation: 2.1.1-cvs
Midas: 0.1-cvs (run Midas tests)
PHP Version
View phpinfo() screen
View loaded extensions
PHP Version: 4.3.0
PHP Major Version: 4.3
PHP Minor Version: 0
PHP Version Classification: release
You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP Module Capabilities
Ctype Support: Yes
DOM XML Support: Yes
FTP Support: Yes
Gettext Support: Yes
Iconv Support: Yes
IMAP Support: Yes
LDAP Support: Yes
Mbstring Support: Yes
MCAL Support: No
Mcrypt Support: Yes
Mime Magic Support: Yes
MySQL Support: Yes
OpenSSL Support: Yes
PostgreSQL Support: No
XML Support: Yes
Miscellaneous PHP Settings
magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
file_uploads enabled: Yes
safe_mode disabled: Yes
trans_sid disabled: Yes
PHP Sessions
Session counter: 2
To unregister the session: click here
PEAR
PEAR - Yes
Recent PEAR - Yes
Mail - Yes
Mail_Mime - Yes
Log - Yes
DB - Yes
Net_Socket - Yes
File - No
Horde will work without the File_CSV class, but there may be errors when
importing some CSV files.
Date - Yes

David Chang