[horde] Using curl wrappers instead of fopen

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jan 22 19:32:27 PST 2003

Quoting Daniel Reich <me at danielreich.com>:

> I guess what I'm looking to do here is standardize the way URLs are
> fetched within the Horde framework.

Something like this - something lightweight - would be great. It'd be nice
to have a lighter-weight, cleaner version of snoopy available for all of
Horde to use.

Some things we don't need curl for - since php 4.3 if you compile
--with-openssl fopen() supports https. But things like POSTs, cookies, and
proxies are worth getting under one roof.

If you're willing to clean up Snoopy to match our coding
standards/conventions/etc. that'd be great, but otherwise I'd rather have a
new class.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>