[horde] Toolbar Feature Request

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur at mechanus.org
Wed Jan 29 09:54:06 PST 2003

 | ----- Message from eculp at encontacto.net ---------
 |     Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:06:52 -0800
 |     From: eculp at encontacto.net
 |  Subject: Re: [horde] Toolbar Feature Request
 |       To: horde at lists.horde.org
 |
 | <snip>
 |
 | You have probably found an easier and more efficient way of doing it
 | but I create a file that I include in my horde apps that assigns
 | additional variables that are specific to virtual domains and sometimes
 | users.  I try to modify the horde code as little as possible to
 | facilitate updating.  You can do quite a bit with a private conf file
 | by just including it in the horde configuration files like:
 |
 | <?php
 | $vdomain = strtolower(eregi_replace('mail\.', '',$_Server['HTTP_HOST']));
 |
 | switch ( $vdomain ) {
 |   case "firstdomain" :
 |     $imp_reg_stat = 'active';
 |     // OTHER VARS for firstdomain
 |     break;
 | // ADDITIONAL cases go here
 |   default:
 |     $imp_reg_stat = 'notoolbar';
 |     // OTHER VARS
 |   }
 |
 | Then just be sure that it gets included where needed and in this case
 | the varible $imp_reg_stat would need to be substituted for 'active'
 | in registry.php.  You can easily read variables from your user container
 | and assign them in your private configuration file, if you need user level
 | control.  If you need something more sofisticated, you can create custom
 | hooks but that means a little more code modification.
 |
 | ed

hmmm.. interesting.. i'll look into the custom hooks, but i need to find a bit
more time to dedicate to this.. i'm starting to feel a bit guilty here (lol),
i''m using the code and contributing zilch to it...

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
A wise man has doubts even in his best moments. Real truth is always
accompanied by hesitations. If I could not hesitate, I could not believe. -