[horde] Toolbar Feature Request

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Jan 29 08:06:52 PST 2003

Quoting Rodolfo Segleau <segleaur at mechanus.org>:

 |  | ----- Message from adrian at na.dhs.org ---------
 |  |     Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:15:19 -0500
 |  |     From: Adrian Walters <adrian at na.dhs.org>
 |  |  Subject: Re: [horde] Toolbar Feature Request
 |  |       To: horde at lists.horde.org
 |  | <snip>
 |  | | Zitat von Adrian Walters <adrian at na.dhs.org>:
 |  | |
 |  | | > Would it be possible for the toolbar to only show icons/links for
 |  | modules
 |  | | > that
 |  | | > are installed? or maybe the ability to enable/disable modules from
 | via
 |  | | > the
 |  | | > Administration-->Configuration Section?
 |  | |
 |  | | config/registry.php
 |  | |
 |  | | Jan.
 |  | <snip>
 |  |
 |  | config/registry.php works fine, but with so many modules it is getting
 | tough
 |  | maintain that file when there is a CVS update. i guess i am just being
 | lazy
 |  | :)
 |  |

 | there is an option under the horde module options to show only text, icons
 | or
 | icons with text for the menu bar at the bottom. I would guess that you could
 | force this as a default by editing config/prefs.php.
 | as far as enabling/disabling modules, you can only do that from
 | config/registry.php, and these changes, are obviously global. i was looking
 | into the code to see if i could graft on a permission criteria (or quite
 | possibly a preference) on the modules so certain people could see all of
 | them,
 | or just a few (depending on which route i looked into....

You have probably found an easier and more efficient way of doing it
but I create a file that I include in my horde apps that assigns
additional variables that are specific to virtual domains and sometimes
users.  I try to modify the horde code as little as possible to
facilitate updating.  You can do quite a bit with a private conf file
by just including it in the horde configuration files like:

<?php
$vdomain = strtolower(eregi_replace('mail\.', '',$_Server['HTTP_HOST']));

switch ( $vdomain ) {
  case "firstdomain" :
    $imp_reg_stat = 'active';
    // OTHER VARS for firstdomain
    break;
// ADDITIONAL cases go here
  default:
    $imp_reg_stat = 'notoolbar';
    // OTHER VARS
  }

Then just be sure that it gets included where needed and in this case
the varible $imp_reg_stat would need to be substituted for 'active'
in registry.php.  You can easily read variables from your user container
and assign them in your private configuration file, if you need user level
control.  If you need something more sofisticated, you can create custom
hooks but that means a little more code modification.

ed