[horde] Questions about INSTALL doc

Brenda Bell k15a-list-horde at theotherbell.com
Sun Feb 2 15:46:51 PST 2003

I'd like to take Horde for a spin, but am having some trouble
understanding a few things in the INSTALL doc.

In item #2 under PREREQUISITES, it says "be sure to build PHP as a
library with the --with-apache or --with-apxs options".  That's easy...
I did exactly that.

Then, in item #3 after the list of required PEAR modules, it says "This
method requires that your PHP has been compiled as a static binary" and
"recompile PHP without ... -with-apache and --with-apxs".

What "method" is it talking about?  Am I supposed to compile PHP as a
binary or not?

I'm primarily interested in IMP but want to keep an eye on the other
applications as I have recently migrated from Microsoft Exchange to Open
Source alternatives.  I'd really appreciate any assistance in clearing
up my confusion.

Brenda
http://opensource.theotherbell.com