[horde] stupid CVS question

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 3 07:19:08 PST 2003

Quoting Tarjei Huse <tarjei+a_lists.phpgw at nu.no>:

> If I download different tagged versions of the hordeapps, and then (say .. a
> few weeks later) do a 'cvs upt' cvs will only download the latest versions
> within the tagged version, right?

Correct, if using tags such as RELENG_2, HEAD, etc.

> Regarding tags: For the next release, how about having a common tagname for
> the versions of imp/horde etc that work together? It's a bit less confusing.

The Horde/IMP version numbers used to be more in sync (back when they were
the only major modules), but now they are independent.  This makes it easier
to have multiple modules all started at different times.

I think the way we do it now is really good, but it would be way cool if
there we some "alias tag" like RELENG that always pointed to the most
current RELENG_* tag.  Then I wouldn't need to remember if an app was at
RELENG_2 or RELENG_3, I could just update from RELENG to get the latest
release.  Not sure how easy/hard/possible that is in CVS.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!