[horde] horde on Debian

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 4 08:39:08 PST 2003

Quoting Marcus Franke <Marcus.Franke at viebranz.de>:

> Hello,
>
> yesterday I installed horde with imp, turba, kronolith, mnemo and nag
> per apt-get on my debian box. But all I got was errors like:
>
> Warning: failed to open /usr/share/pear/Crypt/HCEMD5.php_apc.tmp for
> writing. Another process may be writing to the file or their may be a
> permision problem. in /usr/share/horde2/lib/Secret.php on line 41

Sounds like maybe you have the apc php accelerator running?  If so,
I'd suggest stopping the web server, then update the files, then
restart the web server.

While that is just a guess based on the error message, it makes some sense.
It is trying to update the PEAR php files, which your php accelerator
has cached...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics