[horde] Fwd: running HORDE with LAMPP

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Feb 9 06:38:06 PST 2003

----- Forwarded message from
Markus.Klaus.Schaeffauer at romanistik.uni-freiburg.de -----
    Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 10:29:39 +0100
    From: Markus Klaus Schäffauer
<Markus.Klaus.Schaeffauer at romanistik.uni-freiburg.de>
 Subject: running HORDE with LAMPP
      To: consulting at horde.org

[Excuse me for sending this mail to consulting at horde.org, but I did not
find any indication where to send a general question about HORDE.]

Hi,

how can I use the current HORDE with LAMPP?

I have installed successfully HORDE with a SuSE 8.0 LAMP-Server (with
LDAP).
But the involved programs PHP, Apache and MySQL of the SuSE 8.0
distribution have several security holes.

As I do not know how to configure a LAMP-server with HORDE (the
explication given in the FAQ is nearly cryptical to me), I try to use
the very easy solution of LAMPP
(http://www.apachefriends.org/lampp-en.html). This free solution comes
with the newest versions of the above mentioned programs. And LAMPP is
the easiest way to set up a LAMP-Server that I can imagine. May be the
best thing for people like me (without time to study hours and weeks to
resolve strange config-options).

But HORDE does not run at all with LAMPP, although I suppose that this
is no problem of LAMPP but of PHP4 or Apache2. The problem seems to be
that the php-skripts of HORDE do not run well with PHP4 or Apache2.

Do you know any solution for this problem?

Thank you very much,

Markus

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck